Fastturn can do 1-20 layer rigid flex pcb , up to 10 layers flex board. We stock dupont and Panasonic material . 85% rigid flex pcb and flex pcb sale to USA,Germany and UK. Rich experience make us get great quality on boards ,over 100 different PN online each days . we focus on expedite or some one can’t do hard work projects .
What’s a rigid flex pcbs?
Rigid flex PCBs are printed circuit boards highlighted by both rigid and flexible areas that make them ideally suited for a wide range of applications. The typical rigid-flex PCB circuit includes two or more conductive layers that comprise either flexible or rigid insulation material between each one – the outer layers may have either exposed pads or covers. Conductors are found on the rigid layers, while plated through-holes are found in both the rigid and flexible layers.
Benefits of Rigid-Flex PCBs
• Space requirements can be minimized by applying 3D
• By removing the need for connectors and cables between the individual rigid parts, the board size and overall system weight can be reduced.
• By maximizing space, there is often a lower count in parts.
• Fewer solder joints assure higher connection reliability.
• Handling during assembly is easier in comparison with flexible boards.
• Simplified PCB assembly processes.
• Integrated ZIF contacts provide simple modular interfaces to the system environment.
• Test conditions are simplified. A complete test before installation becomes possible.
• Logistical and assembly costs are significantly reduced with Rigid-Flex boards.
• It is possible to increase the complexity of mechanical designs, which also improves the degree of freedom for optimized housing solutions.
Applications of Rigid-Flex PCBs
Rigid-flex circuit boards can be found in commercial as well as industrial applications. These can range anywhere from electronic devices, to high grade aircraft mounted weapon guidance systems. Rigid-flex PCBs are a sought-after solution for industrial applications. They are mainly used in military, aerospace, and medical devices, as they can reduce the product’s weight. This enhances the device’s performance to a great extent. Rigid-Flex circuit boards also support construction of devices at feasible rates. This is due to their low weight and small size.
Check FastTurn Rigid-Flex PCB manufacturing capabilities in the following table:
|Min. Hole Size||0.15mm|
|Solder Mask Color(Rigid Part)||Green, Red, Yellow, Blue, White, Black, Purple, Matte Black, Matte green|
|Covrelay (Flex Part)||Yellow Coverlay, WhiteCoverlay,Black Coverlay|
|Finish Cooper(Flex Part)||0.5-2oz|
|Finish Cooper(Rigid Part)||1-4oz|
|Via Process||Tenting Vias,Plugged Vias,Vias not covered|
|Additional Options||Half-Cut,Impedance Control|
|Build time||10-20 days|
|Lead time||2-3 days|