First: tell the difference between a good and a bad board by its appearance
In general, the appearance of FPC circuit boards can be analyzed and judged by three aspects;
1. Standard rules for size and thickness.
The thickness of the circuit board is different sizes for standard PCBs, so customers can measure and check the thickness and specifications according to their own products.
2. Light and color.
The external circuit boards are covered with ink, and the circuit board can act as an insulator. If the color of the board is not bright and there is less ink, the insulation itself is bad.
3. Appearance of the weld seam.
The circuit board due to more parts, if the welding is not good, the parts are easy to fall off the circuit board, seriously affect the quality of the board welding, good appearance, careful identification, interface strong point is often important.
Second: A quality FPC board needs to meet the following requirements
1. It is required that the telephone works well after the components are installed on it, i.e. the electrical connection should meet the requirements;
2. The line width, line thickness, and line spacing of the line meet the requirements so that the line does not heat up, break, and short circuit;
3. The copper skin is not easily shed by high temperature;
4. The copper surface does not easily oxidize, which affects the speed of installation and breaks down soon after oxidation;
5. No additional electromagnetic radiation;
6. There is no deformation of the form factor to avoid deformation of the housing and misalignment of the screw holes after installation. Nowadays, it is all mechanized installation, the hole position of the circuit board and the deformation error of the line and design should be within the allowed range;
7. And high temperature, high humidity and resistance to special should also be in the scope of consideration;
8. The mechanical properties of the surface should meet the installation requirements.
These are the ways to judge the good and bad of FPC circuit boards, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled when shopping for FPC circuit boards.